Raeleen, Htawara, Taeshell, Cheyanne, Shanika
Title of experiment: Talking through cups
(What do we want to find out?)
We want to find out how it works by talking through 2 cups and what string is going to make us hear each other.
Hypothesis: (what do you think will happen?)
I think it the thinnest string is going to work because by looking at the other strings I think we may not be able to listen to each other.
How will we find out?
(Step by step)
1. First of all we need to make a hole with a pin in both cups so that the thin string can fit through
2. We need to thread the string through the hole and attach it to a ice block stick inside the cup.
3. We need to tie the string around the ice block stick so that it won't be able to come out
4. When we are finished with that string we detach that string from the ice block stick and move on to the rope string
5. For it to fit through we need to make the hole a little bit bigger.
6. Next we thread that string through the hole and tie it to the ice block stick.
7. After we've finished with it we can move onto the thickest string. So we need to take the string off the ice block sticks.
8. We'll probably need to make the hole bigger using a pin once again so that the string can fit through
9. Thread it through the hole and tie it to the ice block sticks.
10. That's how we're going to find out.
What actually happened?
1. We were able to hear through the thin string. It was allright but it could’ve been better. The noise level could of been louder.
2. When using the rope string it was much better then our first string, we could hear each other very clearly maybe because it was thicker. I also think that the further away the person your communicating with is. It's
3. Our last string was probably the loudest out of all of them. I think that this string was the loudest because it was the thickest out of all of them.
What did we learn? We learnt that using cups as telephones actually do work. We also learnt that the thickest string is probably the string thats going to work. Probably the closest you and the person your communicating with, you'll be able to hear them much more clearer and louder.